| || |
| Features |
Product Origin: Garmin Australia
Warranty: Garmin 12 Month Warranty
Garmin eTrex 20 Handheld GPS with Topo Maps
- Includes Australian & NZ Topographical Maps on Micro SD
- Colour Screen
- Micro SD slot
- 1.7GB Internal Memory
- Save up to 2000 Waypoints
- Tracks Both GPS and GLONASS Satellites Simultaneously
- Rugged Waterproof Design
eTrex 20 takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Redesigned ergonomics, an easier-to-use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities add up to serious improvements for an already legendary GPS handheld. eTrex 20 is versatile. It's tough. And it’s built to handle whatever Mother Nature can dish out – and more.
See The Way
eTrex 20 has an enhanced 2.2 in 65K color, sunlight readable display. Durable and waterproof, eTrex 20 is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains its legendary toughness to withstand the elements – be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this storied navigator.
With an array of compatible mounts, eTrex 20 is designed for use on ATV’s, bicycles, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT® maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV. Wherever you think you might take eTrex, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to “lock on” to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
With its microSD™ card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex 20 lets you load TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). eTrex 20 also supports BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
eTrex 20 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. eTrex 20 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Australian & NZ Topographical Maps
Garmin TOPO Australia & NZ provides the best scale multipurpose recreational coverage for Australia and New Zealand. The Micro SD card includes 1:100K map coverage, with coast to coast 3-D DEM (digital evaluation model) shading accompanied by 20 metre contour coverage and route elevation profiles in compatible units.
With routable roads in Garmin TOPO Australia, getting to your destination is made simple with turn by turn directions on compatible units. Plus you can search for points of interest by name or proximity to your location.
Whether you are navigating in town or cross country, Garmin TOPO Australia will ensure you're ready for your next bushwalking, camping or 4WD adventure.
- Topographic coverage for all of Australia and New Zealand
- Terrain contours at 20 metre intervals approximating 1:100K maps
- Contains tracks, outback trails, 4WD destinations, perennial and seasonal lakes, rivers and streams
- Topographic terrain contours and summit points provide a detailed lay of the land
- Built-in DEM data with 3-D shading and route elevation profiles on compatible units to help estimate terrain difficulty
- Provides searchable points of interest in urban, rural and outback areas, including lodging, restaurants, homesteads,
- camping locations, caravan parks, shopping and more
- Includes coverage of national, state and local parks, plus new forest and reserve areas
- Updated routable road content provided by NAVTEQ
- Additional content provided by HEMA and LINZ
- BaseCamp™ software, included on DVD only, allows you to view and manage waypoints, routes and tracks on your
- computer and GPS, plus it provides useful planning tools, rotated map orientation, 2-D and 3-D map views, animated
- playback, photo geotagging and more. In addition, you can transfer trip data from your computer to your device, as well
- as organise trip data into folders. To find out more details about BaseCamp.