I love my iPhone it helps me with so much, now cooking with a free iPhone app for how to Cook Everything!
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jul 02, 2013
- Version: 1.9.7
- Size: 50.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Culinate, Inc.
- © 2010-2012 Culinate, Inc.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
How to Cook Everything
By Culinate, Inc.
View More By This Developer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This first-of-its-kind app of the bestselling cookbook—How to Cook Everything® from New York Times columnist Mark Bittman—has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.
This app is optimized uniquely for both the iPad and the iPhone, making the most of the size, shape, and capabilities of each. (Some features are specific to the iPad only.)
In the app you’ll find:
• The full content of the multiple-award-winning How to Cook Everything®: all 2,000 recipes and variations.
• Bittman’s no-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
• Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow—from any angle.
• Inspiring photos of weekly featured recipes (iPad only).
• Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
• The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump with ease among recipes (iPad only).
• The ability to convert temperatures and quantities to metric.
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps.
• A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics (iPad only).
• A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes (iPad only).
• Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman (iPad only).
• A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook (iPad only).
• The ability to print recipes and shopping lists and to add recipes to calendars.
• The ability to email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menues, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
• Owners of the new iPad: this one's for you. We've updated the app to include a full set of retina display graphics and images to take full advantage of your high-resolution screen.
All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection. The How to Cook Everything app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide.
"The bells-and-whistles of this app are what make it a must-buy, from grocery lists you can email to how-to illustrations. Bittman also makes it nearly impossible to mess up a dish—each recipe step has a built in timer so there’s less chance you’ll forget how long your osso bucco has been cooking."
— Bon Appetit
Love this app? Check out its companion app: How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.
Culinate, Inc. Web SiteHow to Cook Everything Support
What's New in Version 1.9.7
- Adopt standard system interface for Twitter and Facebook sharing (iOS 6+ only)
- This version of the app now requires at least iOS 5.0
Great App! Easy to use!
by Nun SushiI use this app almost everyday. It's a must for new and experienced cooks!
A great help and fun, too!
by Brianm_14This is a fine cookbook. It offers recipes which are creative and yet eminently practical, presented in a well-organized fashion for the busy person who is looking for ideas. Mark Bittman details many simple dishes but also some which are fairly complex, albeit never needlessly so. He is street-smart, adept-and often clever-in the kitchen, and balances the desire for good food with the requirement of "get-it-on-table" ASAP.
With this iPad/iPhone companion at hand, you can quickly plan and assemble a meal your family and friends will truly enjoy. Great features include: the capacity to assemble shopping lists, multiple variations on many recipes along with helpful introductions, illustrations showing techniques (many even useful to the experienced cook), and summary lists (along the lines of "18 things to add to any bread recipe"). Menu suggestions round out this feast of recipes. Herein you will find much culinary wisdom and common-sense.
The electronic aspect of this book is well-realized. Navigation is a snap, new recipes are periodically downloaded into the "book", and digital timers appear at multiple and appropriate points in recipes. Without a doubt, the full incarnation is present only on the iPad and not in print.
This is a fun book! Although I still find my culinary mentors (such as Beard, Claiborne, Child, Franey, and Keller) useful, my present and future vade mecum is this faithful companion. One suggestion is to organize your "Favorites" into sublists right off, as you'll be marking many recipes. Additionally, be sure to pair this book with the vegetarian volume; combined, they make it easy to create healthful and economical menus. The iPhone app will allow you to take full advantage of supermarket sales by allowing you to check recipes on the fly. This is a BARGAIN. Buy it and you will be pleased the next time you are food shopping, see a sale and wonder, "How can I use that?" Your answers are as close as your iPhone or iPad.
Best cooking app
by JBL from CinciThis is my favorite app by a celebrity chef. Best value that I have found!
I love to shop!