Free MCG Open Day, get access to one of the best spots in Melbourne the MCG and get access to the ground without needing years of training or great skill. I might go!
Melbourne Cricket Ground - Event Details
MCG Open Day
The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) will open the MCG for everyone to enjoy on Sunday November 17 in celebration of the club's 175th anniversary.
MCG Open Day will be a FREE event, allowing the public to gain rare access to the playing surface and see parts of the stadium and the MCC Reserve that are normally off limits.
Open Day provides a great opportunity to gain insight into Australia’s oldest sporting club and the world-class stadium it manages.
Highlights of the day include:
• Relive your favourite sporting moments on the hallowed turf of the MCG with kick-to-kick with family and friends.
• Access to the AFL premiership dais and hold the replica premiership cup.
• Pick up a map and show bag and take a tour through the MCC Reserve, player change rooms and National Sports Museum.
• Meet some of your favourite sporting stars.
Other highlights include the AFL’s official playground, cricket and football clinics and roving entertainment in Yarra Park.
You don't need to register in advance for this FREE event - simply turn up at Gate 2 or 3 between 10.00am and 3.00pm and enjoy the day!
Want to know more?
Send us an email, or contact us on Twitter or Facebook!
Key event information:
• The event will take place from 10.00am to 4.00pm, with last ground access at 3.30pm.
• Access to the arena is at the arena manager’s discretion. In the event of inclement weather, access to the arena may be cancelled.
I love to shop!