Just looking at the extras on this card and they're not bad for the travel insurance:
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply. All applications for credit are subject to ANZ's credit assessment criteria.
1. Offer only available to applicants who apply for the balance transfer by 30 September 2013. Offer available to balances transferred from non-ANZ credit or store cards only. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or in respect of balances transferred from an existing ANZ credit card. For new ANZ credit card accounts the balance transfer must be requested at the time of applying for or, at the time of activating your new ANZ credit card account. For new card applicants, the balance transfer interest rate reverts to the standard variable interest rate applicable to purchases on your card after 9 months from the date the card application is approved and any balances that remain unpaid at the end of this period will become subject to the standard variable rate for purchases. For transfers to an existing ANZ credit card, the balance transfer interest rate reverts to the standard variable interest rate applicable to purchases on your card after 9 months from the date the balance transfer request is processed by us. The standard variable interest rate is 19.39% p.a. on purchases and 20.99% p.a. on cash advances for ANZ Platinum, as at Friday, 24 May 2013 and is subject to change. Terms and conditions apply to balance transfers (please call 13 13 14 for a copy). Payments to your account are applied in accordance with the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
2. For ANZ Platinum the Annual Account Fee ("Annual Fee") will be waived in the first year. In each subsequent year, if you make eligible purchases of $20,000 or more annually using your ANZ Platinum account your next annual fee will be waived. Eligible purchases must be made in the year prior to your next Fee Date. Your Fee Date is the date that your account is assessed for charging an Annual Fee. If your account has not previously been charged an Annual Fee then for the purpose of determining your eligibility for the waiver, your Fee Date is the first date that your account is assessed for charging an annual fee. Eligible purchases includes purchases made using your account, but excludes balance transfers, cash advances, interest, fees, transactions reversed and purchase refunds. If you do not make a t least $20,000 of eligible purchases in the year prior to your Fee Date the Annual Fee will be charged to your account. If you are a member of the Sphere Rewards Program your Rewards Program Services Fee will continue to apply regardless of your annual purchase spend.
3. Overseas travel and medical insurance Master Policy is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited, ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL No. 239545 . Terms, conditions, eligibility criteria, limits and exclusions apply. To activate cover under the overseas travel and medical insurance Master Policy, you must meet the eligibility criteria: you must be a permanent resident of Australia, have debited at least $250 worth of eligible overseas travel arrangements to your Platinum card account prior to departing Australia, have a current Platinum card account at the date of any claimable event, have a return ticket to Australia and be 80 years of age or under. Please refer to the ANZ Platinum Cards insurance booklet (PDF 680kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings for more information and to decide whether or not this product is right for you. While overseas, we recommend that you carry proof of your overseas travel arrangements purchased on your Platinum Credit Card.
4. Discounted interest rate is available for domestic or overseas purchase transactions of $500 AUD or more made using your ANZ Platinum account at an Eligible Merchant. An eligible merchant is any travel agent, online travel booking sites, airline or hotel, or any merchant ANZ advises as being an Eligible Merchant for the purposes of determining whether flexible payment offers are available. Purchases exclude cash and cash equivalent transactions. To apply to transfer a qualifying transaction to a flexible payment option call 13 22 73 after the transaction has posted to your account. This is usually 48 hours from the date you made the qualifying transaction. Your application must be made within 30 days of the date you made the qualifying transaction. Approval is subject to your accounts being in good order. Total purchases including the qualifying transaction cannot exceed your credit limit. ANZ reserves the right to add, change or withdraw flexible payment options at any time without prior notice. ANZ will not be liable to any loss or damage resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving applications. Your flexible payment option may be cancelled if you are in default or if you transfer to another ANZ credit card account. Any interest accrued between the date of the purchase and the date the amount is transferred to the flexible payment option will be at the standard variable interest rate applicable to purchases on your card account, subject to any available interest free days credit on the card account. Payments will be applied to your account as detailed in your ANZ Credit Card conditions of use. A qualifying transaction can only be transferred to a flexible payment option once.
5. Standard variable interest rate on ANZ Platinum is 19.39% p.a. on purchases and 20.99% p.a.on cash advances as at Friday, 24 May 2013 and is subject to change.
6. Interest free days do not apply if you do not pay your Closing Balance (which includes any outstanding balance transfers, cash advances, purchases and Promotional Plans) in full by the due date each month. Payments to your account are applied in the order set out in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
7. Reward Points and Bonus Reward Points accrue in accordance with the ANZ Rewards - Rewards Program Terms and Conditions (PDF 656kB) (please call 13 13 14 for a copy). Purchases exclude cash, cash equivalent transactions and premiums paid for ANZ Credit Card Insurance. This Reward Points information displayed on this page applies to new customers only. Existing customers may be subject to a different Reward Points earn rate on both their ANZ Rewards American Express card and/or ANZ Rewards Visa card. Existing customers should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the Reward Points earn rate that applies to their account.
8. Points and Bonus Points accrue in accordance with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Terms and Conditions (please call 13 13 14 for a copy). Purchases exclude cash, cash equivalent transactions and premiums paid for ANZ Credit Card Insurance. An Account Holder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points. A joining fee may apply. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. This Points information displayed on this page applies to new customers only. Existing customers may be subject to a different Points earn rate on both their ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express card and/or ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa card. Existing customers should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the Points earn rate that applies to their account.
9. This joining fee waiver is offered by ANZ. It is available to new applicants or existing ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card account holders who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members and who apply for membership online at qantas.com/joinffanz This offer is non-transferable and not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and each application is subject to approval by Qantas.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) pursuant to a license from American Express.™