Another from the Coles feed 4 for under $10, a good way to save money!
How to cook chicken paella with Curtis Stone - Coles
Curtis Stone's Chicken & Chorizo Paella is a meal the whole family can enjoy.
Watch Curtis cook his recipe from start to finish or click on the steps to skip to the chapter you need.
from: Chicken & Chorizo Paella | Recipes & More - Coles Recipes
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tsp Salt
- small pinch Masterfoods Saffron Threads
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Paella Pack
- 1/2 medium Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small Red Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Chorizo, from the deli, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups Sunrice Medium Grain Rice
- 1/2 tsp Coles Brand Smoked Paprika
- 1 medium Field Tomato, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 Spring Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200˚C or 180˚C fan.
- In large saucepan, heat water and salt to a simmer, turn off heat and add saffron.
- Place large ovenproof frying pan or paella pan over high heat and add oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, add chicken and brown on all sides, for about 5 mins. Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to medium high and return pan to the heat.
- Cook onion, garlic and capsicum for 2 mins, or until softened. Add chorizo and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Stir in rice, then paprika, and cook for 2 mins, or until pan is dry and rice is coated with oil.
- Add warmed saffron water to the pan and stir to evenly combine. Add the chicken back to the pan, arranging in a single layer, evenly spaced and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Once pan comes to a full simmer, remove from heat, sprinkle with tomato and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook, uncovered, for 25-30 mins, or until the rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. A sign of a good paella is crisp rice around the sides of the pan.
- Stand for a few mins before serving. Garnish with spring onion and lemon wedges.