The new range of videos and feed 4 under $10:
Cook Bolognese with Curtis Stone - Coles
Feed your family with Curtis Stone's delicious Fettuccine with Mushroom Bolognese.
Watch Curtis cook his recipe from start to finish or click on the steps to skip to the chapter you need.
from: Fettuccine with Mushroom Bolognese | Recipes & More - Coles Recipes
- 1 small Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium Carrot, finely chopped
- 250 g Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 500 g packet Coles Regular Beef Mince 3 Star
- 2 tbsp Coles Brand Balsamic Vinegar
- 400 g can Coles Brand Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 350 g Coles Brand Fettuccine
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 loosely packed cup Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Australian Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan until hot. Cook onion and garlic for 2 mins, then add the carrot and cook for 1 min, or until just softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and stir over high heat for 3 mins, or until lightly browned and no lumps of meat remain.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, allow to bubble for 1 min. Add the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to packet directions. Remove 1 cup of the pasta water carefully and add it to the sauce. Cook the sauce for a further 10-12 mins, until slightly thickened. Turn off the heat and add the extra virgin olive oil. Drain the fettuccine.
- Add the fettuccine to the sauce in the pan and mix well. Scatter over the basil. Divide between four bowls and serve with the parmesan cheese.