| Conditions of Entry |
That's Life! Mid-Week Freebies Promotion (Issue 49 - Issue 52 2013)
General1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Conditions of Entry and any other reference to this competition, these Conditions of Entry prevail.
3. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, who are members of the That's Life! Gold Club, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
5. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian of the entrant must read and consent to all Conditions of Entry. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will require the winner's parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner's legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner's entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
6. Entrants must click on the Mid-Week Freebies promotional button, which can be found online at Win - that's life!. They will then need to use their Gold Club details (Email Address and Password) to log in to the website and complete and submit the online entry form to enter this competition. Members who do not know their Gold Club password, can recover this by selecting the 'Recover your account details and password' option on the login page, or by calling 1800 181 177.
7. Entries must include all requested contact details to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries
Number of Entries permitted
8. Entrants may only enter this competition once.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
9. The weekly promotions will be run as follows:
The winners will be the first valid entries drawn at the Promoter's premises on the dates outlined in the above table. The Promoter will ensure that all winners have a chance to win a prize.
|Issue ||Promotion Starts ||Promotion Ends ||Promotion Draw |
|49 ||00:01 (AEDT) on 05/12/13 ||23:59 (AEDT) on 11/12/13 ||10:00 (AEDT) on 06/12/13 |
|50 ||00:01 (AEDT) on 12/12/13 ||23:59 (AEDT) on 18/12/13 ||10:00 (AEDT) on 20/12/13 |
|51 ||00:01 (AEDT) on 19/12/13 ||23:59 (AEDT) on 25/12/13 ||10:00 (AEDT) on 20/12/13 |
|52 ||00:01 (AEDT) on 26/12/13 ||23:59 (AEDT) on 01/01/14 ||10:00 (AEDT) on 10/01/14 |
10. The winners will be notified by mail within 2 days of each draw.
11. Prizes will be sent within 28 days.
12. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 03/04/14 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by mail.
Prize on offer
13. The total prize pool for the 'Mid-Week Freebies' promotion is $984.65 (as at 04/12/13) and includes:
14. The winners will be subject to and must abide by the terms and conditions printed on the winner's letter and/or the prize itself. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated in the winner's letter and/or on the prize itself, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
|Issue ||Prize |
|49 ||5 x winners will each receive a 'Dishmatic Pack, as displayed, valued at $75.00 |
The total issue 49'Mid-Week Freebie'prize pool is valued at $375.00
|50 ||6 x winners will each receive a copy of 'Revenge season 2'DVD, as displayed, valued at $69.95 |
The total issue 50'Mid-Week Freebie'prize pool is valued at $419.70
|51 ||5 x winners will each receive a 'The Impossible' DVD, as displayed, valued at $18.00 |
The total issue 51'Mid-Week Freebie'prize pool is valued at $90.00
|52 ||5 x winners will each receive a copy of 'Alfie Live' DVD, as displayed, valued at $19.99 |
The total issue 52'Mid-Week Freebie'prize pool is valued at $99.95
15. Where the prize involves driving, travel or an event, winners and any companions under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 at all times.
16. All winners are advised that the allocated classification guidelines for each film must be adhered to as per usual standards set out by the film Classification Board and associated domestic legislation.
Further conditions of entry
17. The Promoter (subject to state gaming agency approval) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
18. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies is not liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur during the draw; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry into the draw; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
20. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
21. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
22. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
23. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements.Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
24. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Conditions of Entry.
27. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
28. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd and its related entities collects entrants' personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to provide you with information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We do not sell personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal Compliance Department, Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015.
29. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
30. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
31. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.33. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPM/13/00926, ACT Permit No. TP 13/03618