TheVine Win a Trip to Germany:
TheVine - Win a Trip to Germany - Terms and Conditions - Life & pop culture, untangled
Not a big fan of Lufthansa long haul flights, their flights across Europe are brilliant, but long haul they really do squeeze you in, I'm only 180cms (just short of 6 foot) so not that tall, but I'm of a rugby build and I'd say the only decent airline for someone of my body size is Air New Zealand, they give you heaps of room! If you are ever flying long haul to Europe try and get cheap Air NZ flights... Obviously if you win the competition free flights are brilliant!
Win a Trip to Germany - Terms and Conditions
TheVine Germany Competition, proudly presented in association with Lufthansa and Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited
German National Tourist Office
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia, who are 16 years or older. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, Lufthansa, German National Tourist Office and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. This promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
4. The competition commences on December 3 at 3:00pm (AEDT) and concludes on December 23, 2013 at 11:59am (AEDT).
5. To enter, fill in your details in for the form field provided and describe in 25 words or less, ďWhat would be one of the first thing on your list to see or do?Ē. The most creative answer will be deemed the winner.
6. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The maximum number of entries per week from any one entrant is two.
8. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be judged based on the creativity merit of their entry and wit of words only of their 25 words answer/entry. One valid entrant will be selected by a judge from Fairfax Media, to become the winner. The winner determination will take place at Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009, from December 23 at 12:00 (AEDT).
9. If any particular winner determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the judging will be conducted on the following business day.
10. The winner will be notified within 7 days of the winner determination and winner will be notified of their prize by phone and email.
11. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
12. The winner will be published in The Sydney Morning Herald on Saturday, January 4,
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
15. Entries must be received by 11:59 (AEDT) by December 23, 2013. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
16. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
17. The prize will need to be booked and issued by February 28, 2014 and depart before
The winner and a partner will receive:
2 x Economy class return tickets from Australian capital city to Germany (flights conditions: The winner must fly in and out of Germany.)
3 nights in Duesseldorf for 2 persons + public transport + city tour
2 nights in Hannover double room +tours + public transport, city tour (must arrive between April and June 30, 2014)
2 nights in Wuerzburg
3 nights in Berlin
2 nights in Bremen
2 nights in Hamburg
Rail Plus Germany pass for two people (www.railplus.com.au)
Valued up to $7,000. (including GST)
18. Accommodation to be chosen and booked by German National Tourist Office representatives within their own budget parameters.
19. Winners will be responsible for their own transfers.
20. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
21. Frequent Flyer points are not available.
22. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
23. It is the travellerís personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports (minimum 6 months validity) and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at the destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers.
24. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
25. The prize cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
26. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
27. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion
28. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winnerís participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use
29. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winnerís image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use
30. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
31. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
32. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
33. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is theentrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
34. An unclaimed prize determination will take place at Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009 on January 03, 2014 at 11:59 (AEST). The winner will be notified within 7 days of the prize determination and will be notified of their prize by phone call and email.
35. The promoterís decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements.
37. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
38. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
39. The Promoter and any agencies or companies associated with the competition shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
40. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
41. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, Lufthansa, German National Tourist Office and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
43. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
44. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
45. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009.